Wondering how your website is performing and how much organic search traffic you’re getting? Request a site audit using the form below and we’ll send you a custom technical analysis and SEO report!
Note: Your information is only used to communicate with you regarding your SEO report, and will not be stored or shared with any third party.
Jump to section:
- What is a website audit and SEO report?
- Why is running an SEO report important?
- What will the SEO report show me?
What is a website audit and SEO report?
A website audit is a comprehensive analysis of a website’s performance. It checks how well your site is performing in search engines. An SEO report, on the other hand, provides detailed insights into your site’s visibility on search engines. It reveals your website’s strengths and weaknesses.
Using tools like Semrush and Google PageSpeed Insights, we can help you dive deep into your site’s architecture. It’s like a health check for your website. From metadata to backlinks, these reports uncover the hidden opportunities to rank higher.
Why is running an SEO report important?
Running regular SEO reports is critical to understand and monitor your website’s effectiveness. Without a thorough examination, you may overlook SEO issues that affect your site’s performance.
For example, you might have an old blog post that contains links to an external webpage that no longer exists and returns 404 results. Google will be able to tell that those links are broken, which will lead to a bad user experience. As a result, your blog post is less likely to show up high on Google search.
SEO reports offer a roadmap to success. They help you stay ahead of competitors by identifying trends and changes in algorithms. Running regular SEO reports ensures that your content marketing strategies align with the latest best practices.
What will the SEO report show me?
The SEO report offers a detailed view of your website’s performance. Once you fill out the contact form above, we’ll run an initial report for free to give you a high level overview of errors and general SEO metrics.
Next, we’ll set up a free SEO consultation over Zoom to dig deeper into the report. During the call, we’ll share strategies that will help you outrank your competition.
Finally, once you choose the 90-Day SEO Authority Accelerator package that’s best for your business, we’ll provide in-depth reports on an on-going basis.
These advanced reports for clients are comprehensive, and will reveal all the most important aspects of SEO you could possibly want to know!
Here’s what you can expect from our advanced reporting:
Technical SEO Errors & Warnings
Technical SEO is a crucial aspect of your site’s overall performance, focusing on the backend structure and configuration. It includes identifying and fixing errors and warnings that might be hindering your website’s visibility and user experience. Therefore, working with an agency like Winnona Partners that has web development experience is a must.
Using a website audit tool gives valuable insights into issues that harm your website’s health. These technical errors are things search engines like Google take into consideration when ranking your content.
Here’s a checklist of subtopics related to Technical SEO:
- Orphan Pages: Integration or removal
- Broken Links: Identification and repair
- Missing Alt Text: Ensuring all images have alt text for accessibility
- Titles and Meta Description Errors: Every page should have a unique title and meta description
- Redirects: Proper management and optimization
- Duplicate Content Issues: Detection and resolution
Here’s an in-depth look at some of the key components of Technical SEO from the checklist above:
Orphan pages are web pages on your site that no other pages link to. They can negatively impact SEO as search engines may not index them properly.
Semrush can help identify these pages so you can either remove them or integrate them into your website’s structure.
Broken links can frustrate users and hinder search engine indexing. Semrush checks your site for broken links, helping you fix or remove them. This improves both navigation and SEO.
Missing Alt Text
Google values accessibility and wants to foster an inclusive web experience. You can add alt text to images on your website to help people with vision impairments. This text also helps search engines understand the image, which can boost your page’s ranking.
Title and Meta Description Errors
Missing, duplicate, or non-unique titles and H1 tags, can significantly impact SEO. These details are key for search engines to grasp what a webpage is about. Mistakes here can lower the page’s visibility and rank.
When conducting website audits, we’ve found that title and meta description errors are the most common. Fortunately, they’re also some of the quickest and easiest to errors to fix!
Properly managing redirects is essential to avoid confusion for both users and search engines. Semrush identifies redirect chains and loops, helping you optimize the path from the original URL to the destination URL.
Redirect chains can be a bit of a nightmare to fix. However, it’s something our team has experience with and can help you resolve.
Duplicate Content Issues
Duplicate content can confuse search engines and weaken your site’s ranking. Our report finds and helps you fix these issues with special tags or other ways.
SEO Analysis is a critical aspect of your online success, delving into the on-page factors that influence rankings. But a content audit isn’t just about identifying keyword opportunities. It’s also about understanding how content quality, site structure, and other elements can impact your visibility in search engines.
Our SEO report offers an in-depth look into these factors. As a result, you’ll be able to optimize your content goals and content creation to reach your target audience more effectively.
- Keyword Relevance: Our SEO report analyzes the relevance of your keywords to ensure alignment with your target audience’s search queries.
- Keyword Distribution: We assess the distribution of keywords throughout your site identify areas of improvement.
- Long-Tail Keywords: Our analysis includes a focus on long-tail keywords, which can target more specific queries and boost rankings.
- Readability: We evaluate the readability of your content, ensuring that it is accessible to a broad audience.
- Engagement: Our report identifies how engaging your content is, which can influence user behavior and SEO performance.
- Rich Media Integration: We analyze the use of images, videos, and other rich media, as they can enhance the user experience and add SEO value.
On-Page SEO Factors
- Meta Tags: Our SEO report includes an examination of meta tags, crucial for search engine understanding and display.
- Internal Linking: We assess the internal linking structure to ensure that it aids in navigation and helps distribute link equity throughout the site.
At Winnona Partners, our comprehensive SEO analysis goes beyond superficial evaluations. We tailor our reports and strategy to what matters most to your unique business goals.
We look at these key parts of your online presence and give you clear steps to get ahead of your competitors.
Site speed analysis is an essential aspect of both user experience and SEO. But isn’t just about the timing for how fast or slow your website loads. Site speed also impacts how visitors interact with your site, and how search engines rank it. Slow-loading pages can frustrate visitors, leading to a high bounce rate, and negatively impact rankings.
At Winnona Partners, we analyze your site’s speed to find and fix slow areas. Keep reading to learn more about site speed, why it matters, and how we measure it!
Google’s Core Web Vitals
Google’s Core Web Vitals have become a cornerstone in evaluating site speed. The goal of these metrics is to provide a smooth, engaging user experience:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): Measures the time it takes for the main content to load.
- First Input Delay (FID): Analyzes the time it takes for the page to become interactive.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): Quantifies unexpected layout shifts that can disturb users.
Our SEO report shows info about these vitals, with insights on you how to make your site meet Google’s standards.
What are common features that slow down websites?
Various elements can affect site speed. Our analysis helps identify and resolve these common issues:
- Large Image Files: Compressing images without losing quality can significantly improve load times. In fact, large image file sizes are the most common issue when it comes to slow load times.
- Embedded Videos: Strategically using embedded videos and considering their loading behavior can optimize performance.
Why Site Speed is Important for SEO
- User Experience: Faster sites provide a better user experience, leading to increased engagement and conversions. Just think about it: how long are you willing to wait for a webpage to load before hitting the back button and going elsewhere?
- Ranking Factor: Search engines, particularly Google, consider site speed as a ranking factor. Faster sites are more likely to secure top positions in search results.
- Mobile Optimization: With the growth of mobile browsing, site speed on mobile devices has become increasingly crucial.
At Winnona Partners, we believe in providing actionable insights to transform your business. I know some of these details can sounds tedious and confusing, but that’s why we’re here to help.
Ultimately, our detailed site speed check helps you make your site more appealing to both users and search engines.
Wondering how your website is performing compared to your rivals? The competitive positioning map shows you exactly where you stand both in terms of traffic and keywords.
However, showing. where you stand is just the first step. We study what works for your competitors and use that to create unique strategies that make you stand out. As a result, our comprehensive approach helps you gain a competitive edge.
The Importance of Competitor Analysis
Understanding where you stand in the industry and learning from competitors is crucial. By analyzing competitor SEO data, you can identify opportunities, align with emerging trends, and avoid the mistakes others have made.
This understanding helps you craft strategies that can give your business the edge it needs.
Strategies to Outperform Competitors
- Targeting High Traffic Competitor Topics: One of our go-to strategies is to examine which competitor pages are generating significant traffic. By targeting these topics with superior content, we aim to attract that audience to your site instead.
- Focusing on High Converting Keywords: We know that choosing keywords and topics based on high search volume isn’t enough. Ultimately, the whole point of SEO is convert more website visitors into clients or customers. We know that choosing the right keywords is more important than picking ones with high volume but no conversions.
- Keyword Gap Analysis: We analyze competitor keyword rankings to come up with a keyword strategy that can outperform them.
- Backlink Analysis: Examining competitors’ backlink profiles can uncover opportunities to build high-quality links to your site.
Informing Your Content Strategy
sWhen it comes to creating new content, simply recreating what your competition is posting isn’t enough. Your content needs to provide unique value and perspectives based on your experience and expertise. This is what Google refers to as EEAT.
Our analysis helps in planning unique content, letting you prioritize creation to target areas with the highest potential for success. By getting to know you, your process, and your customer success stories, we’ll help create content goals that align with Google’s EEAT initiative.
Furthermore, regular performance benchmarking against competitors provides actionable insights to keep improving month after month.
Backlinks play an essential role in SEO. They act as endorsements from other websites, signaling to search engines that your content is valuable and authoritative.
Backlinks are important but complex in SEO. The quality and relevance of these links can make a big difference.
Understanding the Quality and Quantity of Links
Our backlink checker service, powered by Semrush, provides insights into the quantity and quality of links pointing to your site. This approach ensures that you are aware of both the opportunities and the risks associated with your backlink profile.
One strategy we employ at Winnona Partners is to identify webpages with numerous backlinks for a particular keyword or topic.
We then explore whether there are opportunities to gain backlinks from similar sites or content. This targeted approach aligns with your content strategy, aiming for growth without overreaching.
Recognizing and Avoiding Harmful Links
Not all backlinks are beneficial. Links from low-quality or spammy sites can negatively affect your SEO. Our backlink checker helps recognize such potentially harmful links, allowing you to take appropriate measures to protect your site’s reputation.
For instance, we can provide you with a TXT file to submit to Google’s Disavow tool. Or once you’re a client, we can do this on your behalf!
A Balanced Approach to Backlinking
Acquiring backlinks is a powerful, yet complex SEO process. With Winnona Partners, you get a balanced and realistic approach that aligns with your goals. We believe in setting the right expectations, working strategically, and focusing on what will genuinely make a difference for your business.
It’s essential to approach backlinking with caution and precision. We work on improving your backlink profile, but we know it’s one of the trickier parts of our SEO service.
As you can see, when it comes to SEO there’s many factors at play. Oftentimes agencies obsess over the technical details, or just chase traffic without stopping to think about whether or not that topic will actually be something that can convert a website visitor into a paying client.
At Winnona Partners, we offer a healthy balance of technical and creative SEO. We prioritize fixing major technical errors that may exist. At the same time, we conduct in-depth keyword research based on information we gather from competitors, clients, and even your own employees.
Ultimately, your website is something that should be constantly evolving as your business matures. That’s why regular SEO reports and working with an SEO agency sets you up for success in the long term.
If you want to start seeing web traffic improvements and enhancing your inbound strategy through SEO, request your free website SEO report below!
Note: Your information is only used to communicate with you regarding your SEO report, and will not be stored or shared with any third party.